Prospective Portfolio Companies:
- Established and Growing - We are attracted to companies that are involved in an exciting or unique market opportunity that has established itself as a growing industry leader with a defensible market position.
- Led by Committed Management Teams - We seek to invest behind experienced and committed management teams.
- Lower Middle Market - Generally, we target companies that have annual revenue of at least $10 million and EBITDA of at least $2 million. Exceptions can be made in certain scenarios.
- No Seed or Start-Up Companies - We will not invest in newly formed seed or start-up businesses, project financings or real estate transactions.
- Generalist Industry Approach - We have industry experience in niche manufacturing, business services, consumer products and services and healthcare services but are open to a wide variety of industries.
- National Geographic Approach - Typically, we will pursue opportunities in the Southeastern and Midwestern United States but will invest in opportunistic transactions across the United States and currently have portfolio company investments from Florida to Washington.
- $3 million - $7 million - Typically, we seek to invest $3 to $7 million per portfolio company. Investments can be above and below the target amount and can be staged.
- Sole Investor or Co-Investor - DSV can participate in and/or facilitate larger junior capital financings up to $25 million through our strong network of co-investors.
- Flexible Capital Structure - We typically provide both equity and subordinated debt in our transactions and have the flexibility to create the most effective and efficient capital structure.
- Variety of Transaction Types - We will participate in change of control transactions, management and leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and expansion/growth financings.
- Sponsored or Unsponsored - We will participate in sponsored transactions (including "fundless") as well as unsponsored and management-led transactions.